Darusman Report –Garnett – Genuis2
2066 Kings Grove Crescent . Gloucester . Ontario . K1J 6G1
1 January 2018
Garnett Genuis, MP
Conservative MP for Sherwood Park-Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Cc. Matt DeCourcey, Liberal MP
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs
Dear Garnett Genuis:
May the year ahead be filled with Happiness, Love and Joy and hopefully will bring
some sane conclusions about Sri Lanka in the Canadian parliament when commenting on the alleged criminality of her soldiers that brought the end of Tamil Tiger terrorism that hemorrhaged that pretty island for 27 years for the want of their mono-ethnic, racist, separate Tamil state, Eelam That too to be 33 % of the northern and eastern real estate bordered by 66% of the coastline for 12.6% of the Tamil population (census 1981). This percentage was reduced to 4.8% by 2011 (World populations) after the foreign countries floodgates were opened for the Tamils after the July 1983 riots who claimed that they were discriminated and persecuted by the majority Sinhalese population of the island. They are in the scores of 1000s as refugees in Canada, UK, USA, France, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Australia, to name a few. With such exodus of Tamils searching for greener pastures, the Tamil population couldn’t be held at 12.6%, any more. No way.
I would like you to consider this letter as a continuation of my response of 2 December 2017, to your Statement in Parliament on Sri Lanka’s Tamil community in Canada.
My point Number 7 of that letter was on Human Rights in Sri Lanka, and your statement to Parliament on November 20th, 2017 said – “the Liberals promised to support justice and reconciliation, to address the terrible crimes committed at the end of the civil war.”
I dealt with that statement of yours truthfully in detail, and concluded that there were cartloads of buckets of Hogwash, and the lack of honesty makes most of the Canadian parliamentarians look like a bunch of fools having sold their souls for Tamils votes so that they could sit on a chair in the parliament’s chamber during daily Question Period telling us that they are working hard and have done their homework on Sri Lanka’s violation of Human Rights. What Tosh! What poppycock!
If harassing the Sri Lankan soldiers for eliminating the internationally sponsored (including Canada) Tamil Tiger terrorism is based on the UN’s Darusman Report, then let me make some comments on this Report for you to understand where I am coming from, and what my concerns are. Which I hope would be your concerns too.
The Darusman Report: When former South Korean Secretary-General of the UN Ban Ki-Moon was reduced to be a puppet by his Western pay-masters and being ordered to go on the warpath to hurt Sri Lanka, he appointed a Special panel of three to advise him on Sri Lanka’s alleged war crimes, the very issue that was dealt in June 2009 at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva where members decided in a 29 to 12 votes not to intervene in Sri Lanka’s internal affairs. Yet, Ban Ki-Moon exceeded his powers prescribed in Chapter XV of the UN Charter where his authority was detailed clearly in Articles 97 and 98.
Although Ban Ki-Moon is South Korean I believe he was competent enough in his English to read and understand the UN Charter written in English. But this South Korean failed in that endeavour to comprehend.
So what did Ban Ki-Moon, the former UN Secretary-General do to satisfy his Western paymasters? He appointed three panelists two of whom were viscerally prejudiced against the Sri Lanka Government and were suspect. Yet, he still went ahead foolishly with this panel which ended up with the Darusman Report. What a
shady fool he was, who was up to a lot of mischief.
- Garnett Genuis, here are some facts that you should consider about the Canadian Liberal and Conservative Governments Bible on Sri Lanka – the Darusman Report, which is used to harass the Sri Lankan Government’s alleged human rights criminality during the last five months of the 27 year long Tamil Tiger Terrorists separatist war which ended militarily on 19 May 2009.
- The Three Panel Report should not be termed UN Panel Report, but should be recognized as the “Moon Panel Report”, as the composition of the panel of the so called ‘experts’ is from outside the UN organization. As such it violates the authority under which the Secretary-General of the UN is expected to function under Article 100, Clause 1 of the UN Charter. This is the Charter that provides guidance to the Secretary-General to maintain his/her strict neutrality of the UN.
- b. Ban Ki-Moon, the Secretary-General of the UN did clearly violate Article 2 (7) of the UN Charter which prohibits intervention in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state, thus this UN Panel Report known as the Darusman Report and released for international consumption is a good reason for the Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon to have been impeached.
- The Panel that Ban Ki-Moon had appointed was headed by Marzuki Darusman, a former Attorney General of Indonesia who was also a member of the International Independent Group of Eminent Persons (IIGEP) invited to observe the working of Sri Lanka’s Presidential Commission looking into alleged serious violations of human rights in March 2008.
Darusman left the Commision in a huff disagreeing with the Sri Lanka Government and yet signed the IIGEP Report without paying a single visit to Sri Lanka to ascertain himself the actual ground situation. Ummmm…….interesting, isn’t it! Obviously, Ban Ki-Moon may have known that Marzuki had some telepathic power
which absolved him of being a dishonest Humbug. Then his signature on the Report entitled him to accept a handsome consultant fee. That is how the UN’s questionable cookie crumbles
d The second Panelist Steven Ratner was an adviser to a Non-Governmental Organization known as Human Rights Watch (HRW) that has been very critical of Sri Lanka from the very inception of the Eelam War. Ratner co-authored a book with Jason Adams titled ‘Accountability of Human Rights: Atrocities in international law beyond the Nuremberg legacy’ where in page 123 he has stated that the “convention on banning apartheid should be invoked in relations to countries such as Sri Lanka.” That statement itself should have disqualified him to be a panelist. But then Ban Ki-Moon had to satisfy his western pay masters, and so he decided to go ahead with Steven Ratner as a panelist, also to gain another opportunity to Moon at Sri Lanka one more time. Shish….what power these UN characters have to go after a pound of flesh of a puny island, notwithstanding that her soldiers by eliminating the Tamil Tiger terrorists gave back her 21 million peoples their right-to life which had been hijacked by the Tamil Tiger terrorists for 27 bloody-years. Garnett, I hope you are following my thread, There is honesty in every word I said so far Steven Ratner also had written elsewhere that the Tamils represented by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (aka Tamil Tigers) are an oppressed minority. More than his ignorance this statement revealed his bias when he calls the most “privileged” minority, the Tamils (12.6%) during the British Rule for 131 years and many years after Independence in February 4, 1948, as the “oppressed minority”, compared to the “wronged” majority, the Sinhalese (74%). What a crock of codswallop!
Well, Garnett, let’s be honest, what expert knowledge, can Steven Ratner give Ban Ki-Moon when he comes with this kind of ill-informed punditry. This statement should have disqualified Steven Ratner instantly.
e, And the third panellist, the South African lawyer Yasmin Sooka, was heavily dependent on EU funds to be impartial. She was also a close associate of the South African-Tamil Navi Pillay who was then a patron of the Sooka Foundation, and also responsible for the failed resolution that was brought against Sri Lanka before the UNHCR in May 2009.
- With such credentials none of the three panelists would qualify to be an honest non-partisan member of any panel dealing with the alleged human rights violations in Sri Lanka as they carry with them full baggages of anti-Sri Lanka attitudes. It clearly showed that Ban Ki-Moon was up to a lot of mischief wanting to hang Sri Lanka cold by denying the island the much deserved prosperity of reconstruction, rejuvenation and reconciliation since the end of the 27 year war on 19 May, 2009, thus Ban Ki-Moon should not have held that all important office of neutrality as Secretary-General in the UN, and had a good reason to be impeached.
- g. Let us not ignore the fact that, in Canada’s anti-Sri Lanka Bible – the Darusman Report, where the authors Darusman, Ratner and Sooka insists that they have no investigating power and that they are not embarking on any investigation at all. So why is the Canadian Government on such vengeful hoopla, such crap and after a pound of flesh of every Sri Lankan Government soldier who gave back to 21 million people their paramount human right, their right-to-life after eliminating the Tamil Tiger terrorists who had hijacked that human right for 27-bloody years. Are you able to respond to that, Garnett. Is Prime Minister Justin Trudeau able to respond to that too other than telling me – “Hey, Asoka, come on Man, you know that we are soliciting every Tamil vote in the Greater Toronto Area to come to us Liberals. And that is why we have accepted the Darusman Report with all the lies and warts.” Right, Garnett!
- h. In the Executive Summary of the Darusman Report they say, “The panel’s mandate however does not extend to fact finding or investigation.” In confirmation of this, the page 3 of this Report says, “The panel has not conducted fact finding as that term is understood in United Nations practice.” Again on page 6 of the report the Darusman, Ratner, Sooka panel says, “The panel and the United Nations officials repeatedly made clear to the government the scope of its mandate as an advisory panel to the Secretary-General including that it was not engaged in any investigation.”
And again the Darusman, Ratner, Sooka panel stresses on page 14 of the Report that “the panel’s mandate precludes fact finding or investigation.”
- Garnett, here is a bit of cunning to get at Sri Lanka and nail her onto a burning cross which is not kosher in my eyes. And I say POX to all these nasty players who are after a pound of flesh of Sri Lanka.
If Canada is so concerned about the alleged numbers (40,000) of deaths during the last 5 months of the 27 year long war, why is that Sri Lanka does not fit into the American and British formula that such deaths happen to be collateral damage and that they are sorry. Surely what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. Tell my why Garnett!
The panelists Darusman, Ratner and Sooka, I believe, had taken the assignment with preconditioned minds wanting to destroy the progress of the development and reconciliation among the ethnic communities of this sovereign island state and play Russian roulette with the lives of 21 million peoples when their cunning becomes so transparent when on page 15 of the Report says :”The panel has chosen to present the allegations it finds credible, in a narrative account.” And again on the same page they say, “this account should not be taken as proven facts.” This contradiction proves the fact the panelists Darusman, Ratner and Sooka wrote a Halloween horror story of fiction hoping that it would be a bestseller
among the gullibles like the Canadian Government and her Parliamentarians. But it turned out to be a sick attempt by these three Musketeer- voyeurs in Halloween masks, and this book of fiction is nothing to get excited about and will no way win the Pulitzer Prize nor the Booker Prize.
- Now let me comment on the point of contention of this discussion – the alleged 40,000 Tamilian deaths during the last five months of the Eelam IV War, as mentioned as the “ Holy Truth, and nothing but the Truth” as endorsed by the then Secretary-General of the UN, Ban Ki-Moon who had the habit of Mooning at my Motherland, Sri Lanka.
I concluded my letter to you of 2 December 2017 thus:
“7. The whole exercise based on the Darusman Report which is used as the Bible to nail Sri Lanka’s armed forces, the only national army in the world that whipped the most ruthless terrorists in the world, the Tamil Tigers, says that their credible sources are protected by the UN confidentiality Clause until 2031. And there lies the gutless, spineless HUMBUGS. What! what is their problem?
When 2031 comes around Ban Ki-Moon who appointed the panel of experts will be 87 years old, Marzuki Darusman will be 86. Steven R. Ratner and Yasmin Sooka, hopefully are young enough to be still around in 2031.
The chances are that the Sri Lankan Army personnel whose dignity was assaulted by the UNHRC will get a chance to challenge them in court to prove that the UN’s panel of experts had done a con job, a botched up job on them to try and haul them to an International Criminal Court of Law to charge them on Human Rights violations to satisfy the Tamil separatists who have bought their voices with votes and funds.
That will be when the fireworks start, if it did happen, Garnett.
Stay tuned as UKs Lord Naseby’s well researched assertion that the Vanni death toll maximum is 7,000 to 8,000, and not 40,000 as reported in the Darusman Report by Ban Ki-Moon which will be hard for the UN to dismiss his unchallengeable position as his revelations are based on sound diplomatic dispatches sent from Colombo by the British military Attache Lt. Colonel Anton Gash to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Stay tuned Garnett, it is going to be interesting as there will be a lot of rotten eggs slapped on so many embarrassed International-caucasian lobster-red faces…….”
Garnett, “Stay tuned” I said. Much has happened since 2nd December 2017. Lord Michael Naseby has presented in the British Parliament the most damning evidence, that his government lied and concealed the truth about what really happened during the last five months of the 27 year long Tamil Eelam war in north and east of Sri Lanka when the Tamil Tiger terrorists were whipped and wiped out militarily on the 19th May 2009.
Lord Naseby, in his speech to the British parliament paid scant respect to the guesstimate number of 40,000 civilians killed during the last five months of the Tamil Tiger terrorist Eelam war. Several sources he cited estimated the number to be in the range of 7000 to 8000. The material evidence that he had elicited and
received with much effort from the Commissioner of Information under UK’s Freedom of Information Act, were the dispatches to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office from the UK’s own Defence Attache in Colombo, Lt.Col. Anton Gash from 1st January until 19th May 2009. Although the material received by Lord Naseby were highly redacted he was sure that the UK government knew the ground realities which contradicted the negative propaganda that had been extracted from the questionable and suspect Darusman Report presented by the UN.
He spoke to the British parliamentarians in search of support from the sane among them. It was in September 2011 that the British Labour Party MP Siobhan McDonough (Mitcham and Morden) told the House of Commons that 100,000 Tamil civilians perished during January and May 2009 during military operations. I suspected that she threw the number at her colleagues in support of her Sri Lankan- Tamil constituents, the Subramaniams, the Nadarajahs, the Sellathambis, the Pakiasorthy’s who had promised her their votes and those of other Tamils too. This bizarre number prompted me to ask her in a letter to tell me what she had smoked when she woke up that morning.. Not a word from her.
Lord Naseby said that he hoped that as a result of the debate in Parliament on Sri Lanka, the UK will recognize the truth that no one in the Sri Lankan Government ever wanted to kill Tamil civilians. This fact is evidence and shows proof, when by 19 May 2009, the Sri Lankan soldiers rescued 295,873 Tamil civilians from the clutches of the Tamil Tigers who used them as a human shield and herded them like unwashed cattle from the west coast to the east coast under the scorching Jaffna sun for 30 months. Not only that Garnett, the Sri Lankan soldiers were part of the army of cooks who prepared a million hearty breakfasts, lunches and dinners daily to feed and sustain the Tamil refugees housed in temporary camps. No one seems to want to talk of these amazing humanitarian efforts of love and compassion by the majority Sinhalese towards the minority Tamils. Not a single Canadian parliamentarian, not a single person of the Foreign Ministry nor members with halos over their heads of the concerned Human Rights Organizations have spoken of these acts of humanitarianism. Why…why not, Garnett? There lies the cruel, disingenuous and hypocritical Canadian-Humbugs who want to get at my Motherland, Sri Lanka, who are resting their bleeding hearts in nests of ballots for the Tamil separatist cause. But, Oh, No, when Quebec wanted to separate from Canada, the anglophones sang in unison -” Hell, No…We won’t let you Go.” Remember! And that is the rub Garnett.
Garnett, we all got choices in life…and you have arrived at one of them. Either to accept the Darusman Report’s, 40,000 Tamil civilians killed during the last five months of the Tamil separatist War in 2009, or rubbish the Darusman Report and go with what Lord Naseby’s well established number somewhere between 7000 and 8000. You also got a choice to skate on thin ice holding hands with your disingenuous parliamentary colleagues, or be safe on the side of honesty and
keep away from the treacherous lying ethnic-politics thin-ice.
Which ever the number that your honest dice fall on, you should clear your conscience by asking – show me the bodies…show me the skeletons so you could reconcile and accept the touted number of 40,000.
(a former card-carrying Conservative -C11255047, and a Sustaining Donor)